Dremel 7300-Pt 4.8v Pet Nail Grooming Kit Review
The reason for this Dremel 7300-Pt 4.8v Pet Nail Grooming Kit review is I had a cat and noticed her nails were getting too long. Not only was she becoming uncomfortable, but her long, sharp claws were damaging furniture. One product that people said could remedy this situation is Dremel, so I decided to check it out.
Factors to Consider before Buying a Pet Grooming Kit
A pet grooming kit contains the tools necessary to trim your pet’s nails and clean it. While some don’t bother, it’s really important to keep your pet groomed as much for hygiene as it is for her health.
These grooming kits are not for vanity purposes, but something every dog or cat owner should have. These products are affordable and having one at home spares you the time and effort of going to a pet groomer.
If you’re interested in buying one, there are lots of these online, but features wise they vary, so here’s a checklist. As long as the product meets these guidelines you and your pet should be all right.
• The nail tool must have safety features
• Good customer reviews
• Isn’t too loud as that can scare off pets
• A long battery life if it is cordless
A Close Look at the Dremel 7300-Pt Pet Nail Grooming Tool
Dremel says the 7300 grooming kit simplifies nail trimming and grooming for your pet. According to the product description, this tool is quiet, effective and a better alternative to standard pet nail clippers.
The ads for this product also claim it’s more practical to use since it is cordless and has a long battery life.
You might find this kit helpful if your pet keeps licking her claws, a sign they’ve grown too long and need trimming. However, you should only use this tool if her nails are causing problems. Here is a quick overview of the product’s pros and cons.
• Have variable speeds
• Works with a wide range of Dremel bands and drums
• Comfortable for you and your pet
• Ergonomic design
• Some customers say the instructions could be more comprehensive
• Longevity depends on how heavy usage is
• Since it’s battery powered, requires recharging
Features and Benefits
• Light and Efficient Volt Power: the Dremel 7300-Pt Nail Grinder for Cats has 4.8 volts of power, and this strikes the proper balance between power and performance. Too much power and the noise level goes up, scaring your pet, but if it’s too low that won’t get the job done. What Dremel has done is provide smooth and comfortable trimming, so your pet doesn’t run off.
• Variable Speeds: there are two-speed options: 6,500 and 13,000 RPM so you can trim at levels your pet is comfortable with. Depending on her disposition and the condition of her nails, you may need to switch between fast and slow.
I find these speed options ideal for controlling the precision. Your pet might be more comfortable with the high-speed setting, but either way, it is easy to change the settings.
• Safety: if you’re concerned about grinding her nails too deeply, don’t be as the nail grinder trims their nails gently, and with the speed settings you’re in control.
• Detachable Battery Pack: the advantages of a battery-powered and cordless nail grooming tool is obvious. You can bring with you anywhere without dragging a cord, and the battery life is long. You can remove the battery pack and purchase a new one if necessary, and as long as the tool is charged up, the rotary tool will trim nails consistently.
• Safe and Easy to Use: this nail groomer is easier to use than a regular pet nail clipper. With a clipping tool, you need to apply a considerable amount of force to trim nails, especially with dogs.
Put too much pressure and you could end up hurting your pet (and they’ll never go near a grinding / trimming tool again). As other customers have pointed out, you can grind nails with your pet facing you, and it is fast. Since you’re facing your pet, she’ll be more comfortable, and you’ll be able to see her nails clearly.
• Compatibility with Other Dremel Products: as was pointed out earlier, this Dremel tool works well with some other accessories. The most useful are the battery charger, sanding bands, and battery packs. Sanding bands are included with the kit, but in case you run out you can buy new ones and not worry about compatibility.
• Battery Charger: the battery charger takes approximately 3 hours to charge, and when fully loaded lasts for several sessions. When you plug the charger in, an LED light will activate, indicating you set the battery in right place. The LED light comes on immediately once you have placed the battery in the charger so you’ll know right away if any adjustments are necessary.
• Sanding Bands: the kit comes six sanding bands (60 grit) to polish your pet’s nails. These bands are disposable, but I’ve found each one lasts a while. There’s only one drum included, but you just need one to put the band over it. Once the band is set, you can use the tool.
What Others Are Saying
I decided to check out Dremel 7300-Pt Cat Nail Grinder comments online, and the consensus is that it’s effective. Most customers agree this nail grinder is easy to use and gentle on pets and doesn’t generate the kind of noise that others do that makes the task difficult.
priced a bit lower than the Dremel, this is a compact nail grinder that’s been designed for different dog and cat breeds. It’s easy to use and doesn’t cause any discomfort for your pet. A couple of replaceable grinding bands are included as well as four alkaline AA batteries.
regarding cost it’s one of the most affordable, and while it’s not as sophisticated as other nail grinders the Pedi Paws gets the job done. It also comes with a cap for clip fillings storage, and the Emery filling wheel gently takes off nail layers. In spite of the name, the tool works well for cats and dogs.
the AtomBud is a compact nail grinder, and while it’s not fancy works well. Price wise it is one of the most affordable, and like the Pedi-Paw has a storage cap for the nail fillings. It needs 2 x 1.5V AA batteries (not included).
These are just some of the alternatives for the Dremel, and they have their unique features and benefits. If you’re not sure if the Dremel is right for you, check these alternatives out.
This Dremel 7300-Pt 4.8v Pet Nail Grooming Kit review shows how effective it can be for pet nail grinding and grooming. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to keep your pet’s nail trimmed to prevent discomfort.
If there’s only one thing I can say about the Dremel, it is safe and grinds nails without causing discomfort. But there’s more to it than that as it’s also convenient to use: with its long battery life and portability, it could be the answer to your pet’s nail problems.